ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2009 - Monterey, CA

 
Last week I visited the ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2009 Conference in Monterey, California. Now, that I got over my jetlag and back to work, I'm trying to order and evaluate all the impressions, ideas and inspirations I got during this event.

I brought three green flashlight bouncing balls back home for my kids (got them from one of the exhibiting vendors). Of course they had lots of fun test-bouncing these goodies immediately. This is, kind of, what I feel right now: I really would like to start playing around with some of the techniques, tools and frameworks I learned about ("research", as I would describe it to my manager).

On second thought, evaluating the information I got, putting it into my work's context and then test driving it seems a better approach to me. Definitely when I saw the devastating effect of the bouncing balls on our livingroom's interior. ADF, APEX, jQuery, REST, SOAP, SOA, jXLS, ... when to use what and where? Still, the technique is not the driver, but the result that has to be achieved. So, I’m going to take a step back and take my time for a hype-free, closer look into some topics. I will try to share my findings in this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Me - APEX Autologin

Tabular Forms on Complex Views - using INSTEAD OF Triggers

Book Review: Oracle APEX 4.0 Cookbook